After the past week, I've made my thoughts clear on Twitter. But, just on the off chance, you missed them, here they are. If you think I'm too harsh or judgemental, well too bad. Don't come back. Unfollow me on FB and Twitter. I'm not here to please people. I want there to be no doubt where I stand and that racism, bigotry, and violence has no space in my heart.
1. The Robert E Lee statue is going to be taken down because Charlottesville voted to take it down. The city said the statue, raised not to honor the general specifically, but as a reminder to African Americans of their place was no longer a representation of the city's values and place in this country.
This does not change or erase history. The majority of the people in the USA have come to understand that these statues are of traitors. That these generals do not represent us as a country. They never had. Quite the opposite. If you don't know the difference between a patriot and a traitor, shame on you.
Their history is still known and able to be read about. Removing statues won't take that away.
2. If you argue for them and you're from the North, WTF people! Really!
3. Donald J. Trump supports domestic terror and hate groups. He has White Nationalists beside him in the white house. His name is on the lips of every Neo-Nazi. David Duke, the leader of the KKK, thanked him for his help and support. They 'heil' his name. His name follows the swastikas in the vandalized Jewish cemeteries. His outrage sounds and feels forced and untrue. As Trump will tell you, all day long, he beat 17 others. So if you voted for him you support his ideas. 17 others had the same policies. Taxes, jobs, healthcare. They had plans to get them done. There were better men. You chose the lying, sexual predator, racist, violent, ignorant, elitist. You voted for this man, not the policies. So do not try to tell me otherwise.
4. I will not feel bad for Nazis or White Supremacists. Fuck you. And fuck you if you do. If you try to "but the left..." me, fuck you. No. Nazis. They get nothing. White Supremacists get nothing. If you support or try to justify them to me, you get nothing but a big fuck you. I will not sit and try to make you understand why hate, bigotry, and violence is wrong. If you don't know or get it, go to church. I'm not going to have a screaming match with you. Just fuck yourself.
5. If you have confederate flags on your clothes, house, car/truck, go ahead. You are free to do so. I will be assuming things about you though. That you are or support white supremacist and/or racist. I will think you are a supporter of traitors and that you don't stand for the same values as the rest of America. Yes, assuming. To bad. It'll be up to you to prove to me otherwise. I am not about giving you the benefit of a doubt. Even if you are a "fine person."