Last week I declared I was stealing this, only to promptly forget that I was doing it.
So this week I am on the ball man!
I am doing my Love Me Friday today. Thursday. But I do have a reason for this. Hang in there.
* Saturday was a fabulous day! Lunch at Sophie’s with BarbieGirl then to Ollie’s for cheap books and other assorted goods. We both had the Souvlaki and Grape Leaves. My God! Those fantastic grape leaves! I can’t even think about them without drooling. After we ate, we waddled over to Ollie’s (discount store, lots of books and houseware items) were I picked up a couple of books (Terry McMillan and Anne Tyler), a sketch pad, and a few house items. When I got home I was exhausted. But a good exhausted. Wonderful, wonderful day! Thank you so very much BarbieGirl! :)
* Dialysis on Monday went beautifully! As did Wednesday. Needles, felt okay. took fluid off. Thank you to whoever is in charge of those things!
* Went to the doctor on Tuesday. And I’m still amazed at how nice and helpful he is. He just lets me ramble on then we come to an action to try. And if it doesn't work, we’ll try something else. Love, love, love that.
* After doc fun it was on to the movies with BarbiGirl and her fam. We saw Alice in Wonderland. In 3D! Awesome! Okay. I know I’m late to the table with this, but we don’t get out much. It was our first 3D movie. It rocked! It was the best part. It was awesome! Yes. I said it twice. The movie itself, well I liked the look of the film. As always with Tim Burton everything is very striking. The Red Queen was the best part. Mean, but kind of sad. After about 15 minutes I was ready to punch The Hatter in the face and smack Alice upside the head. I always forget how whiney she is. This was no exception. I did enjoy the White Queen. Especially when she made her potion and was grossed out. I laughed.
* The Canadian show Hiccups started. It is my new favorite! Millie is wonderful! I just adore Nancy Robertson and Brett Butt! Seriously, I haven’t laughed so much in half an hour since Big Bang Theory. And I think this may be funnier. After that show is Dan for Mayor. It’s not as out loud laughy, but it is charming and humorous. His buddy is great. A fine way to spend a Monday evening. 8PM on CFTO (Channel 15 here).
* Going grocery shopping tomorrow and there will be jelly beans.
* I was thinking the other day that I miss Karl’s show. And that I hope he feels better soon and doesn’t let it fade away. And go ahead. I’ll let you guess. I’ll wait. It’s back! Oh joy! Tonight at 10PM at Secondhand Radio. (That’s why I wanted to put this up today. Next week I’ll do it on Friday.)
So there you have it. It was actually a pretty damn good week. Lots to love. Lots not to love, but that’s a different post for later.
Enough from this barrel. What did you love about this week?