I was completely unable to sleep the other night. I would lay down and just well lay there. Eyes open, then closed and my brain would not stop doing the hamster thing. Eventually I just got up and worked on my blogs. I rearranged my widgets on this blog and redid the second blog. I can’t believe how long it took. The My Blog Log tracking code kept messing up my link colors. And I had to go through each widget and add-on to figure out what the problem was.
It was a major pain in the ass.
Sadly that is the most exciting thing that happened in the last few days. Easter was mellow. Just watched TV and ate candy. Starburst Jelly Beans. Yummy.
Today I did find a meme about blogging on Sunday Stealing.
The Blogging Meme
1. How did you come up with your blog title OR what does it mean?
I actually dreamt it. I took it as a sign. So far, so good.
2. What are your general goals for blogging?
Since it’s a personal blog, my main goal is to improve my writing skills and writing habits. Both are pretty rusty.
3. Do people “in your real life” know that you blog and do they comment on your blog OR is it largely anonymous?
Oh, they know. The question is do they really care. I think not. But I bug them anyway. That’s what are friends for :)
How often do you post (x per week)?
When I’m home every few days.
4. How often do you read other blogs (x per week)?
I try to read most of them everyday. Sometimes it’s every other day.
5. How do you select blogs to read (do you prefer blogs that focus on certain topics or do you choose by tone or…?)
I read a variety of blogs. Some are personal, some technical, some are educational, and some are about subjects I enjoy, books for example.
6. Do you have any plans to copy your blog entries in any other format, 0r do you think that one day, you’ll just delete it all?
Well my blog is young yet, so I have no plans to kill it off. I guess I’m not thinking that far ahead.
7. What are the things you like best about blogging?
I enjoy the writing about my day or week. I love reading other blogs. I also enjoy the tweaking of the layout.
8. What are the things you don’t like about blogging?
The pressure to write every day. I’m not good at that.
9. How do you handle comments?
When I get them I try to respond to them. Sometimes it’s in a timely manner. Sometimes, not so much. I’m working on it.
10. Do you have any burning thoughts to share on blog etiquette?
I don’t think this counts as etiquette exactly. Probably more design. But I hate dead links. Clean that up. It’s annoying to see a link to something that looks like it might be interesting, only to find it’s not there anymore or hasn’t been updated in eight years.
11. Any desired blog features?
I use Live Writer, so I have a lot of features already. I know most would be thinking of technical stuff, like adding snippets of code from some site in order to cause better tags and tracking info, but that’s a bit complicated for me. Live Writer. Simple with lots of plug-ins.
12. Have you suffered blog addiction?
Not yet, but I can definitely see it happening when the weather warms up and there is a lot more going on. Of course that’s just my opinion. Ask an alcoholic if they have an addiction and they will tell you no. Perhaps you should ask my friends this instead.
So there it is. Steal away and have fun!
You can find this and more memes at Sunday Stealing.