I love October. I know. I know. No one wants to rush the time to quickly. Neither do I. Not really.
It is acommin’.
And it is my favorite.
And here is why…
* My birthday. Oh yeah. Right around Halloween I turn another year older and am thankful each time it does.
* Halloween. Because it’s fabulous!
* Halloween candy. I love those little tiny packets of M&Ms, smarties, peanut butter cups. Is it me or are they better when they are tiny?
* ABC Family’s 13 Nights of Halloween. I love all those movies. The Disney one’s too for that matter. Yes. I like Halloween Town and Twitches.
* All the old movies. Blithe Spirit, I Married a Witch, Bell, Book and Candle, The Wolfman, Cat People (Lewton, not Kinski)
* Big worn fuzzy sweaters.
* Flannel jammies.
* And new fluffy slippers. (My birthday treat each year :)
* Hot coffee and tea. Yes. It tastes better when the temps are lower.
* The first meatloaf and baked potato of the season.
* Flannel quilts and giant afghans made with lots of love :)
* Decorating for Halloween. It’s the start of the the decorating season.
* Pretty, pretty leaves of course.
* Going for walks. Just after dinner. When the sun is starting to set and it’s quiet and calm.
* All the different faces of it. Serene, spooky, peaceful, fun, bright, warm, cool.
All images are from the wonderful We Heart It site :)
What are you looking forward to in October? :)
That’s it from a cool, pretty leaved, barrel :)